Biography - ESA - Escola de Sargentos das Armas Ir direto para menu de acessibilidade.
Portal do Governo Brasileiro

Início do conteúdo da página



Historicoa maxwolffilho

Born in Rio Negro - PR, on July 29, 1911 (see), he was the son of Max Wolf, a descendant of Germans and D. Etelvina, a native of Lapa-PR. Until the four (4) years lived the tensions of the Contestado War. At 5 (five) years, during World War I, he attended school in Rio Negro (PR). At 11 (eleven) he was already his father's chief assistant in roasting and grinding coffee. At 16 (sixteen) he began to work as a clerk for a company that explored navigation on the Iguaçu River. In the off-hours, chargers were packed to pack yerba mate, load and discharge vapors.

He served in the Army for the first time, joining the then 15ºBC in Curitiba, today 20ºBIB, where he participated in the Revolution of 1930. Transferred to Rio de Janeiro, he fought the 1932 Revolution in the Paraíba Valley. He was a professor of Physical Education and Personal Defense. He entered the Military Police of Rio, then Federal District, being Cmt of the Police of Surveillance.

At the time of the Second World War, he volunteered and was assigned to the First Company of the 1st Btl of the already traditional 11th Infantry Regiment in São João Del Rei. He was thirty-three (33) years old of age.

He entered the FEB as a 3rd Sergeant, since he was very popular and wanted to be very popular, given his disdainful attitude and the affectionate and paternalistic manner with which he treated his subordinates (nicknamed "affectionate") over time, he came to be admired not only by his comrades, but by the superiors of both the FEB and the Fifth American Campaign Army, for their undeniable qualities.

Every time he presented himself for difficult missions to be accomplished, there was Sgt Wolf declaring himself a volunteer, especially on patrols. He was part of the Command Company and, therefore, without being directly connected to combat activities, participated in all the actions of his Battalion in the December 12 attack on Monte Castelo, bringing, incessantly, ammunition to the front of battle and returning with the wounded and, failing that, with the dead. Indicated for its unusual courage and exceptional sense of responsibility, it became an obligatory presence of all patrol actions of all companies, as an indispensable condition for the success of the incursions. One of these examples is contained in the episode in which General Zenobio da Costa, when he learned of the disappearance of his Auxiliary of Orders, Capt. João Tarciso Bueno, who had been placed at the disposition of the General's attack, by absolute lack of recombination of officers, had ordered Btl Cmt to form a patrol to rescue the body of his assistant. Cmt told the emissary that the mission would be very difficult, but that it would try. To this end, knowing that only a Wolf could fulfill it, he called him, gave the order and listened to Sgt Wolf, with the serenity, firmness and loyalty that only exceptionally gifted men can have: "Colonel, please, tell the General that since the dark, this patrioleiro and I are going and returning to enemy positions to bring our wounded comrades. We will do this until the light of day keeps us from doing. If on one of these trips we find Captain Bueno's body, we will bring him back. "Sgt Wolf was not able to bring Cap Bueno's body, which had only been wounded by a soldier, but it was still possible for him that night , save many other lives.

These qualities elevated him to the command of a platoon of shock, composed of men of high attributes of combatant, specialized for the missions of patrol, that would march on the capital accident "Point quoted 747", fundamental action in the plans conceived for the conquest of Montese . He was reminded of the saving of the ammunition to use it at the right moment, for surely the Nazis would oppose our will. He was advised to beware, for the mission would be in the light of day. He departed at 12 o'clock in Monteporte, passed the dotted line 732 and went to Maiorani, from where he left at 1:10 p.m. to approach the 747 point. He took Sgt Wolf with all precautions, getting very close to the smwf foto antiga2house, trying to smwf old photo2 envelop it from the north. They were twenty yards away, and the Sgt Wolf, probably convinced that the enemy was retreating, far away, had abandoned the way laid, uncontrollably, in front of his men, with two ammunition ribbons twisted about his shoulders, reaching the rosary upper elevation. The enemy let him get very close, even when they could no longer make a mistake. It was 1:15 a.m. on April 12, 1945. The enemy opened a blast, striking and wounding the commander in the chest who, upon falling, received a new burst of automatic weapon, and also fell mortally soldier who was next to him. After this scene, the almost suicidal action of its leaders happened to rescue the body of the commander. The blast of enemy shrapnel ripped through the blood. The patrol tried to neutralize the weapon that had silenced the hero. Two men pulled at the feathers. One of them was shot in that attempt. The other, gaunt and daring, brought Wolf to the first crater he had offered. Dead and alive, they were confused. The patrol, exhausted, began the painful return to our lines, asking that the artillery blind the enemy with the smoke and neutralization fires. The soldiers of the Eleven wanted, at any cost, to fetch the companion in the crater to which he had been brought, recalling the action he himself had practiced so many times. They wanted to bring the patient artisan from the plots and traps of the life and death of the patrols. It was impossible to rescue him on the same day against the effectiveness of enemy fires, including Artillery. The next day was the start of the great spring offensive. Sgt Wolf would be there for us to be present at the time of the decision.

smwf foto antiga1

Montese was conquered. His name will always be present because great actions resist time and are eternal. He was promoted "post-mortem" to the post of 2nd Lieutenant (Presidential Decree, June 28, 45). He left in the orphanage his daughter Hilda, his lord and greatest affection of his life as a soldier. From Italy, she wrote to her sister Isabel, reporting her pride in belonging to the Brazilian Army and that, if death visited him, she would die with satisfaction. He was honored with the distinction of being awarded four medals: of Campaign; blood of Brazil; Bronze Star (American) and 1st Class Combat Cross. Here is the synthesis of the heroism of a simple and valiant man. Their mortal remains are in Monument to the Dead of the Second World War, in the deposit 32, block G.

- See the letter received by Sgt Max Wolf's Mother, informing her of her death in combat


- Thirty years after the return - Gen Octavio Costa
- Fifty years of the death in combat of Sargento Max Wolf Filho - Cel Claudio Moreira Bento
- Sgt Wolf's Fighting Quotes


Fim do conteúdo da página